WE’RE THANKFUL FOR YOU!
We’re Thankful For You deals are valid Fri. 11/24/17 – Mon. 11/27/17 only.
- Development fee waived for new members
- Early bird registration for ALL programs
Black Friday deals are valid Friday, 11/24/17, in person & in-house only.
- BOGO Free KidQuarium Care Card(1)
- 25% off Choose to Lose Winter I Registration
- 25% off 12-session Personal Training Packages(1)
- $5 off all Adult Group Exercise Winter I Program Registrations
- BOGO 50% off all Preschool/Youth/Teen Winter I Program Registrations(2)
Cyber Monday deals are valid Monday, 11/27/17, online only.
- 10% off all Preschool/Youth/Teen Winter I Program Registrations
Promo code: CYBER
Questions? Contact Rachel McKeown, Membership Director:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 724.452.9122 x213
Purchases are non-transferable. For use at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA. Details apply exactly as stated above, no exceptions. (1) Limit one care card and one package purchase per membership unit. (2) Lesser cost will be discounted and is restricted to one person. Same person must be registered for both programs for discount to apply; registrations cannot be split between or changed to another person.
Our Senior project request form is now available online at: http://rose.bcfymca.org/senior-project-request-form/
Please keep in mind:
- Each senior project request will be evaluated by a YMCA program director. Based on YMCA policies and project description the program director may or may not choose to accept the project. If a project is accepted or more information is needed the student will be contacted at that time.
- The YMCA will only choose projects that meet the mission and purpose of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA.
- Student projects wishing to solely rent space in the building will not be allowed without a Certificate of Liability.
- Senior Project Fundraisers or Projects that charge an admission fee will not be considered.
Fall II Registration Information Sheets and Program Guides are now posted on the Class/Program Information page!
Registration for Fall II: Member: Oct. 7-19, 2017 | Non-Member: Oct. 14-19, 2017
Printable Flyer: Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
Questions about any of these programs? Please contact Sandy Ihlenfeld at email@example.com or 724.452.9122 x219
Just a little update from our 2017 Model Convention. Rose E. Schneider had an amazing showing at Model this year. After a rough day on Friday, our delegates were able to step up and show all Pennsylvania what we can do.
Three of our bills were passed, two of them by first year students!
Two of our delegates were awarded the best Committee Chair!
And our very own Rishin Sharma is 2018 Speaker of the House!
Congratulations, Rose E. Schneider delegation!
Achievement Tracker (printable)
At the Y, swimming is a life skill. Our swim lessons prepare kids of all ages to stay safe and have fun in the water, building strong swimmers and confident kids. We believe members of all ages can learn to swim by nurturing their skills and building confidence in the water! Our new lessons follow along the stages of life and everyone starts at the same point regardless of how old they are. Our new focus will be water safety rather than guided discovery.
Watch the testimonial below of how swim lessons at the Y saved a little girl’s life!
New Swim Lesson Brochure
Contact Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 724.452.9122 x218
CELEBRATE YOUR DAY WITH US!
Birthday Parties Pamphlet (printable)
For more information, email email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 724.452.9122 x233.
You will receive a response within 2 business days.
ALL PARTIES INCLUDE:
- A Party facilitator that will assist you and your guests while at the YMCA.
- The use of half of the Community Room for the entire party time.
- A t-shirt for the birthday child.
- Use of a flatbed to bring in and take out party items.
- First 30 minutes and last 30 minutes of the party are spent in the Community Room.
WAYS YOU CAN CELEBRATE
Swim & Gym Parties
- 3 hour party includes up to 20 children of any age ($220.00)
Participants will spend 2 hours engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Choose from either 2 hours in the Aquatics Center or 1 hour in the Aquatics Center & 1 hour in the Gymnasium. If choosing the gym, please choose two activities from the following: Soccer, Obstacle Course (best suited for ages 5 & younger), Basketball, Relay Race, Scooter Hockey, Scooters or Kids Clubhouse (ages 12 and under only, socks required).
- 2 hour party includes up to 20 children of any age ($180.00)
Participants will spend 1 hour engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Choose to spend 1 hour in either the Aquatics Center or the Gymnasium. If choosing the gym, please choose two activities from the following: Soccer, Obstacle Course (best suited for ages 5 & younger), Basketball, Relay Race, Scooter Hockey, Scooters or Kids Clubhouse (ages 12 and under only, socks required).
2 hour party includes up to 10 children, ages 5+ years old ($180.00)
Participants will spend 1 hour engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Options include
- Nerf® Games: Invite your closest friends to the challenge as you test your blasting skills to the extreme with competitive Nerf action! We will provide the safety glasses, Nerf guns & darts, and targets. You provide the friendly competition!
- Canvas Creations: Put the ART in PARTY as we paint a canvas masterpiece! We’ll provide the canvas, washable tempera paint, stencil and paint supplies; you bring your creativity! Let’s CREATE & CELEBRATE!
DAYS & TIMES TO CELEBRATE
End time depends on duration of package (details above).
- Fridays*: 6:00PM-8:00PM/9:00PM
(*Warm Water Pool closed 6:00-7:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Saturdays*: 1:00PM-3:00PM/4:00PM or 5:00PM-7:00PM (2 hr party only)
(*Warm Water Pool closed 1:00-2:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Sundays: 11:00AM-1:00PM/2:00PM
Reserving a Party
- Must be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA or Butler YMCA.
- Date can be reserved no less than 2 weeks but no more than 2 calendar months prior.
- The signed announcement & final counts are due no less than 2 weeks prior to the party date.
- A party is not finalized until a confirmation email is received. Upon confirmation:
– Payment for the party will be scheduled to draft on the Monday prior to the party date.
– A $25.00 service fee will be assessed to reschedule or cancel a party.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check/reserve a date or with any questions.
- The tables are rectangular; approximately 2ft x 6ft and seat 6 comfortably (8 max).
- Decorations may not be put on any walls (except Community Room divider) or hung from the sprinklers/ceiling. Pinatas and confetti are not permitted.
- The host is responsible for the behavior of all party guests; all facility rules & polices apply.
- The YMCA is not responsible for any personal injuries which occur during a party, or for lost or stolen items.
- The YMCA assumes no responsibility for personal belongings & valuables.
- The host may arrive 30 minutes prior to the party to set-up. Clean-up, including removal of all decorations, must be completed within 30 minutes of the scheduled end time or a $100.00 Clean-Up Fee may be assessed.
- The host will be held liable for any damages made to the facility. If damages are reported by the Facilitator, a $200.00 Damage Fee will be assessed.
- All participants & guests must wear proper attire. Shoes must be worn at all times in the facility unless in the Aquatics Center or Kids Clubhouse.
- Food and drink are only permitted in the Community Room (nuts are not permitted) and can be delivered here. Remember to bring paper products, cutlery, candles, etc.
- Plan to have at least one adult in the pool, within arm’s reach, for every 3 children.
- Swimming will be during YMCA open swim time, therefore other members may be in the pool.
- All children ages 12 years and younger must participate in a swimming skills assessment and will be provided a colored wristband based on their swimming ability. Please reference our Test, Mark & Protect Flyer for complete program details.
- ONLY US Coast Guard approved Life Jackets are permitted; Children needing assistance must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
- Only goggles covering the eyes will be permitted. No snorkel masks or pool toys.
- Children not yet toilet trained need to wear a swimming diaper. Regular diapers are not permitted. Swim diapers can be purchased at the Membership Services Desk for $2.00.
- If the pool your party is using would need to be closed, you will be asked to move your party to one of the other pools. If the whole Aquatics Center is closed for any reason, the Facilitator will suggest other activities in the Gymnasium. A refund will not be given.
- The use of still/video cameras in the Aquatics Center is prohibited, including cell phones
Our competitive youth swim team participates in the Western Pennsylvania YMCA Swim League (WPYSL). Little to no experience required; some experience preferred. Swimmer must be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA for the duration of the season.
An informational Parent Meeting will be Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 at 6:30PM.
Registration Information for 2016-2017 Season:
• Registration starts Monday, September 12, 2016
• Season cost: $325 | High School swimmer cost: $125
• Season starts Monday, Oct. 17, 2016 and runs through March 2017
• Practices are weekday evenings from 6:00-8:00PM; times may vary.
• Swimmers are expected to attend all meets and championship meet.
New for the 2016-2017 Season: 50% of the meets will be at home!
For more information/questions:
• Website: www.teamunify.com/ymca-5531
• Email: RESYswimming@bcfymca.com
• Phone: 724.452.9122 x230
Pennsylvania YMCAs Join to Offer Reciprocal Memberships
Y members can now access facilities across Pennsylvania for free
The Y stands for healthy living and to make sure all members continue to be involved wherever they may travel or work, YMCAs across Pennsylvania have joined together to offer reciprocal membership through their “My Y is Every Y” program.
The program, which will launch October 1st, allows Pennsylvania YMCA members to access any YMCA in the state, at no charge when they present a valid YMCA membership ID card.
“Our members count on their local Ys for their health and wellness needs. Now they’ll be able to take advantage of what Ys across Pennsylvania have to offer. We’re very excited to be able to bring this added benefit to members,” said David John, Executive Director for the Pennsylvania Alliance of YMCAs. “We look forward to welcoming members from other Ys as we all stand together to strengthen our communities.”
Through the “My Y is Every Y” program, full facility/full privilege members will have access rights to all YMCAs in Pennsylvania. Members should bring their YMCA ID card and a photo ID card to access a partner Y. Some restrictions may apply depending on the YMCA, so members are encouraged to check with the Y they plan to visit ahead of time to learn the specifics.
YMCAs in New England began the “My Y is Every Y” program in 2010 and with its successes the program has expanded to other states.
DO YOU SMOKE OR USE TOBACCO? WOULD YOU LIKE TO QUIT?
Cessation services are available FREE OF CHARGE by the Pennsylvania Department of Health!
WHAT YOU GET:
• Coaching sessions by phone
• Unlimited calls to the PA FREE Quit Line
• Educational materials
• Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy
You can quit! The PA FREE Quit Line helps you quit for good; one-third of callers quit and stay nicotine/tobacco free!
Do you know someone who can benefit from this information? This FREE program is available to anyone in Pennsylvania. If you are ready to quit contact Sandra Ihlenfeld, Healthy Living Association Director, at email@example.com and you will be connected with this free service.
Move toward better health with this first step.