(Based on Seneca Valley School District 2017-2018 calendar.)
- Grades: entering Kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Hours: 7:30AM-5:30PM
- Breakfast & a snack are included; lunch must be packed & brought with camper.
- Activities include: Phys. Ed., art, swimming, movie and much more!
- Maximum enrollment is 60 campers per day. Space is limited; as additional counselors become available, campers will be added from the waitlist.
- Camp Dates & Cost: $125 per camper, per week
WEEK 1: August 21-25, 2017
WEEK 2: August 28 – September 1, 2017
Questions? Contact Karen Guise, Senior Program Director:
724.452.9122 x230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a little update from our 2017 Model Convention. Rose E. Schneider had an amazing showing at Model this year. After a rough day on Friday, our delegates were able to step up and show all Pennsylvania what we can do.
Three of our bills were passed, two of them by first year students!
Two of our delegates were awarded the best Committee Chair!
And our very own Rishin Sharma is 2018 Speaker of the House!
Congratulations, Rose E. Schneider delegation!
At the Y, swimming is a life skill. Our swim lessons prepare kids of all ages to stay safe and have fun in the water, building strong swimmers and confident kids. We believe members of all ages can learn to swim by nurturing their skills and building confidence in the water! Our new lessons follow along the stages of life and everyone starts at the same point regardless of how old they are. Our new focus will be water safety rather than guided discovery.
Watch the testimonial below of how swim lessons at the Y saved a little girl’s life!
New Swim Lesson Brochure
Contact Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director:
email@example.com | 724.452.9122 x218
CELEBRATE YOUR DAY WITH US!
Birthday Parties Pamphlet (printable)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 724.452.9122 x233.
You will receive a response within 2 business days.
ALL PARTIES INCLUDE:
- A Party facilitator that will assist you and your guests while at the YMCA.
- The use of half of the Community Room for the entire party time.
- A t-shirt for the birthday child.
- Use of a flatbed to bring in and take out party items.
- First 30 minutes and last 30 minutes of the party are spent in the Community Room.
WAYS YOU CAN CELEBRATE
Swim & Gym Parties
- 3 hour party includes up to 20 children of any age ($220.00)
Participants will spend 2 hours engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Choose from either 2 hours in the Aquatics Center or 1 hour in the Aquatics Center & 1 hour in the Gymnasium. If choosing the gym, please choose two activities from the following: Soccer, Obstacle Course (best suited for ages 5 & younger), Basketball, Relay Race, Scooter Hockey, Scooters or Kids Clubhouse (ages 12 and under only, socks required).
- 2 hour party includes up to 20 children of any age ($180.00)
Participants will spend 1 hour engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Choose to spend 1 hour in either the Aquatics Center or the Gymnasium. If choosing the gym, please choose two activities from the following: Soccer, Obstacle Course (best suited for ages 5 & younger), Basketball, Relay Race, Scooter Hockey, Scooters or Kids Clubhouse (ages 12 and under only, socks required).
2 hour party includes up to 10 children, ages 5+ years old ($180.00)
Participants will spend 1 hour engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Options include
- Nerf® Games: Invite your closest friends to the challenge as you test your blasting skills to the extreme with competitive Nerf action! We will provide the safety glasses, Nerf guns & darts, and targets. You provide the friendly competition!
- Canvas Creations: Put the ART in PARTY as we paint a canvas masterpiece! We’ll provide the canvas, washable tempera paint, stencil and paint supplies; you bring your creativity! Let’s CREATE & CELEBRATE!
DAYS & TIMES TO CELEBRATE
End time depends on duration of package (details above).
- Fridays*: 6:00PM-8:00PM/9:00PM
(*Warm Water Pool closed 6:00-7:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Saturdays*: 1:00PM-3:00PM/4:00PM or 5:00PM-7:00PM (2 hr party only)
(*Warm Water Pool closed 1:00-2:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Sundays: 11:00AM-1:00PM/2:00PM
Reserving a Party
- Must be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA or Butler YMCA.
- Date can be reserved no less than 2 weeks but no more than 2 calendar months prior.
- The signed announcement & final counts are due no less than 2 weeks prior to the party date.
- A party is not finalized until a confirmation email is received. Upon confirmation:
– Payment for the party will be scheduled to draft on the Monday prior to the party date.
– A $25.00 service fee will be assessed to reschedule or cancel a party.
- Email email@example.com to check/reserve a date or with any questions.
- The tables are rectangular; approximately 2ft x 6ft and seat 6 comfortably (8 max).
- Decorations may not be put on any walls (except Community Room divider) or hung from the sprinklers/ceiling. Pinatas and confetti are not permitted.
- The host is responsible for the behavior of all party guests; all facility rules & polices apply.
- The YMCA is not responsible for any personal injuries which occur during a party, or for lost or stolen items.
- The YMCA assumes no responsibility for personal belongings & valuables.
- The host may arrive 30 minutes prior to the party to set-up. Clean-up, including removal of all decorations, must be completed within 30 minutes of the scheduled end time or a $100.00 Clean-Up Fee may be assessed.
- The host will be held liable for any damages made to the facility. If damages are reported by the Facilitator, a $200.00 Damage Fee will be assessed.
- All participants & guests must wear proper attire. Shoes must be worn at all times in the facility unless in the Aquatics Center or Kids Clubhouse.
- Food and drink are only permitted in the Community Room (nuts are not permitted) and can be delivered here. Remember to bring paper products, cutlery, candles, etc.
- Plan to have at least one adult in the pool, within arm’s reach, for every 3 children.
- Swimming will be during YMCA open swim time, therefore other members may be in the pool.
- All children ages 12 years and younger must participate in a swimming skills assessment and will be provided a colored wristband based on their swimming ability. Please reference our Test, Mark & Protect Flyer for complete program details.
- ONLY US Coast Guard approved Life Jackets are permitted; Children needing assistance must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
- Only goggles covering the eyes will be permitted. No snorkel masks or pool toys.
- Children not yet toilet trained need to wear a swimming diaper. Regular diapers are not permitted. Swim diapers can be purchased at the Membership Services Desk for $2.00.
- If the pool your party is using would need to be closed, you will be asked to move your party to one of the other pools. If the whole Aquatics Center is closed for any reason, the Facilitator will suggest other activities in the Gymnasium. A refund will not be given.
- The use of still/video cameras in the Aquatics Center is prohibited, including cell phones
Our competitive youth swim team participates in the Western Pennsylvania YMCA Swim League (WPYSL). Little to no experience required; some experience preferred. Swimmer must be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA for the duration of the season.
An informational Parent Meeting will be Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 at 6:30PM.
Registration Information for 2016-2017 Season:
• Registration starts Monday, September 12, 2016
• Season cost: $325 | High School swimmer cost: $125
• Season starts Monday, Oct. 17, 2016 and runs through March 2017
• Practices are weekday evenings from 6:00-8:00PM; times may vary.
• Swimmers are expected to attend all meets and championship meet.
New for the 2016-2017 Season: 50% of the meets will be at home!
For more information/questions:
• Website: www.teamunify.com/ymca-5531
• Email: RESYswimming@bcfymca.com
• Phone: 724.452.9122 x230
Pennsylvania YMCAs Join to Offer Reciprocal Memberships
Y members can now access facilities across Pennsylvania for free
The Y stands for healthy living and to make sure all members continue to be involved wherever they may travel or work, YMCAs across Pennsylvania have joined together to offer reciprocal membership through their “My Y is Every Y” program.
The program, which will launch October 1st, allows Pennsylvania YMCA members to access any YMCA in the state, at no charge when they present a valid YMCA membership ID card.
“Our members count on their local Ys for their health and wellness needs. Now they’ll be able to take advantage of what Ys across Pennsylvania have to offer. We’re very excited to be able to bring this added benefit to members,” said David John, Executive Director for the Pennsylvania Alliance of YMCAs. “We look forward to welcoming members from other Ys as we all stand together to strengthen our communities.”
Through the “My Y is Every Y” program, full facility/full privilege members will have access rights to all YMCAs in Pennsylvania. Members should bring their YMCA ID card and a photo ID card to access a partner Y. Some restrictions may apply depending on the YMCA, so members are encouraged to check with the Y they plan to visit ahead of time to learn the specifics.
YMCAs in New England began the “My Y is Every Y” program in 2010 and with its successes the program has expanded to other states.
DO YOU SMOKE OR USE TOBACCO? WOULD YOU LIKE TO QUIT?
Cessation services are available FREE OF CHARGE by the Pennsylvania Department of Health!
WHAT YOU GET:
• Coaching sessions by phone
• Unlimited calls to the PA FREE Quit Line
• Educational materials
• Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy
You can quit! The PA FREE Quit Line helps you quit for good; one-third of callers quit and stay nicotine/tobacco free!
Do you know someone who can benefit from this information? This FREE program is available to anyone in Pennsylvania. If you are ready to quit contact Sandra Ihlenfeld, Healthy Living Association Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be connected with this free service.
Move toward better health with this first step.
New Aquatics Center Shoe Covers
In response to member feedback, we have installed shoe cover dispensers within in each locker room near the exit to the Aquatics Center Pool Deck. The dispenser for the Family Locker Room is just outside the door on the pool deck. If you are observing a swim lesson or entering the Aquatics Center for any reason wearing shoes, you must wear shoe covers over your shoes. If you do not wish to wear the shoe covers over your shoes, you may enter the facility bare foot or bring a clean pair of flip flops to wear on the pool deck. These new shoe covers will help to keep your Y clean!
Thank you for your cooperation.
YOUTH MEMBER AQUATIC SAFETY PROGRAM
Aquatic safety at our pools is our first priority. All children ages 12 years and younger must participate in a swimming skills assessment and will be provided a colored wristband based on their swimming ability. Once tested, each time a child comes into the Y for open swim they will need to acquire their color appropriate wristband from the Membership Desk when checking in. Complete details are available on our Test.Mark.Protect page.