Our Senior project request form is now available online at: http://rose.bcfymca.org/senior-project-request-form/
Please keep in mind:
- Each senior project request will be evaluated by a YMCA program director. Based on YMCA policies and project description the program director may or may not choose to accept the project. If a project is accepted or more information is needed the student will be contacted at that time.
- The YMCA will only choose projects that meet the mission and purpose of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA.
- Student projects wishing to solely rent space in the building will not be allowed without a Certificate of Liability.
- Senior Project Fundraisers or Projects that charge an admission fee will not be considered.
Printable Flyer: Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
Questions about any of these programs? Please contact Sandy Ihlenfeld at email@example.com or 724.452.9122 x219
Just a little update from our 2017 Model Convention. Rose E. Schneider had an amazing showing at Model this year. After a rough day on Friday, our delegates were able to step up and show all Pennsylvania what we can do.
Three of our bills were passed, two of them by first year students!
Two of our delegates were awarded the best Committee Chair!
And our very own Rishin Sharma is 2018 Speaker of the House!
Congratulations, Rose E. Schneider delegation!
Achievement Tracker (printable)
At the Y, swimming is a life skill. Our swim lessons prepare kids of all ages to stay safe and have fun in the water, building strong swimmers and confident kids. We believe members of all ages can learn to swim by nurturing their skills and building confidence in the water! Our new lessons follow along the stages of life and everyone starts at the same point regardless of how old they are. Our new focus will be water safety rather than guided discovery.
Watch the testimonial below of how swim lessons at the Y saved a little girl’s life!
New Swim Lesson Brochure
Contact Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 724.452.9122 x218
CELEBRATE YOUR DAY WITH US!
For more information, email email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 724.452.9122 x233.
ALL PARTIES INCLUDE:
- A Party facilitator that will assist you and your guests while at the YMCA.
- The use of the full Community Room for the entire party time.
- A t-shirt for the birthday child.
- Use of a flatbed to bring in and take out party items.
- First 30 minutes and last 30 minutes of the party are spent in the Community Room.
WAYS YOU CAN CELEBRATE
Swim & Gym Parties
- 3 hour party (limited to 20 children of any age) Members $220 | Non-Members $250
Participants will spend 2 hours engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the full Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Choose from either 2 hours in the Aquatics Center or 1 hour in the Aquatics Center then 1 hour in the Gymnasium. Times of activities may not be changed due to facility schedule. If choosing the gym, please select two activities from the Celebration Information section below. If choosing the Aquatics Center, please be sure to review the Aquatic Center Guidelines in the Celebration Information section below.
- 2 hour party (limited to 20 children of any age) Members $180 | Non-Members $210
Participants will spend 1 hour engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the full Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Choose from 1 hour in either the Aquatics Center or Gymnasium. Times of activities may not be changed due to facility schedule. If choosing the gym, please select two activities from the Celebration Information section below.If choosing the Aquatics Center, please be sure to review the Aquatic Center Guidelines in the Celebration Information section below.
2 hour party (limited to 10 children, ages 5+ years old) Members $200 | Non-Members $230
Participants will spend 1 hour engaged in an activity and the remaining time will be spent in the Community Room (parent/host directed activities). Options include
- Nerf® Games: Invite your closest friends to the challenge as you test your blasting skills to the extreme with Nerf games. We will provide the Nerf guns, darts and targets. Activities can include target practice or divide into teams for a friendly battle.
- Canvas Creations: Put the ART in PARTY as we paint a canvas masterpiece! We’ll provide the canvas, washable tempera paint, stencil and paint supplies; you bring your creativity! Let’s CREATE & CELEBRATE!
If you choose a gym party, please choose two of the following activities:
(The Party Facilitator will assist with the activities you choose.)
- Soccer: Participants will have the opportunity to use our age appropriate sized soccer balls along with soccer net. Depending on the age and desires of the participants, this activity can be an organized soccer game with children split into teams, or can be various other activities such as shooting, passing, etc.
- Obstacle Course: Participants will have the opportunity to travel through an obstacle course that includes a tunnel, hula hoops, mats, scooters, etc. The obstacle course is best suited for children 5 and under.
- Basketball: Participants will have the opportunity to use our age appropriate sized basketballs and participate in a half-court basketball game using one of the basketball hoops. Participants can choose to play an organized game of basketball, or other games like HORSE or KnockOut.
- Relay Race: Participants will have the opportunity to race each other in different relay races. These races will consist of different equipment/supplies depending upon the age of party participants.
- Scooter Hockey: (Limited to 12 participants at a time.) Participants will use our square floor scooters along with small hockey sticks and a plastic disc to participate in a hockey game.
- Scooters: (Limited to 12 participants at a time.) Participants will use our square floor scooters to participate in races or their own free play activity.
- Kids Clubhouse: For ages 12 years and younger. Participants can climb, slide and much more! No shoes allowed; socks required.
If you choose a swim party, please review the Aquatic Center guidelines:
(Swim parties are free play; the Party Facilitator will not get in or run activities.)
- Plan to have at least one adult in the pool, within arm’s reach, for every 3 children.
- Swimming will be during open swim time, therefore other people may be in the pool.
- All children ages 12 years and younger will be provided a colored wristband based on their swimming ability. To receive a yellow or green band, youth must pass a swimming skills assessment. Guests may opt out of the assessment and will receive a red band. Please refer to our Test, Mark & Protect Flyer for complete program details.
- If a party guest already has a band color notated on their account, please ask the parents to stop at the Membership Desk before the party to get the child’s band.
- ONLY US Coast Guard approved Life Jackets are permitted. Children needing assistance must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
- Only goggles covering the eyes will be permitted. No snorkel masks or pool toys.
- Children not yet toilet trained need to wear a swimming diaper. Regular diapers are not permitted. Swim diapers can be purchased at the Membership Services Desk for $2.00.
- If the pool your party is using would need to be closed, you will be asked to move your party to one of the other pools. If the whole Aquatics Center is closed for any reason the Facilitator will suggest other activities in the Gymnasium. A refund will not be given.
- The use of still/video cameras in the Aquatics Center is prohibited, including cell phones.
DAYS & TIMES TO CELEBRATE
End time depends on duration of package (details above).
Summer Availability (Memorial Day – Labor Day):
- Saturdays*: 1:00PM-3:00PM/4:00PM
(*Warm Water Pool closed 1:00-2:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Sundays: 11:00AM-1:00PM/2:00PM
Fall/Winter/Spring Availability (Labor Day – Memorial Day):
- Fridays*: 6:00PM-8:00PM/9:00PM
(*Warm Water Pool closed 6:00-7:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Saturdays*: 1:00PM-3:00PM/4:00PM or 5:00PM-7:00PM (2 hr party only)
(*Warm Water Pool closed 1:00-2:00PM; Sprays may be on)
- Sundays: 11:00AM-1:00PM/2:00PM
RESERVING YOUR CELEBRATION
Reserving a Party
- Date can be reserved no less than 2 weeks but no more than 2 calendar months prior.
- The signed reservation form & final counts are due no less than 2 weeks prior to the party date. (Non-Members must also complete and return a Non-Member Information Form at that time.)
- A party is not finalized until a confirmation email is received from a Y Representative. Upon confirmation, a $25.00 service fee will be assessed to reschedule or cancel a party.
- Payment for the party will be scheduled to draft on the Monday prior to the party date.
- Non-Members must have a credit card on file to reserve and pay for the party.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a date or with any questions.
- Gym and/or Swim Parties are limited to 20 participants. Specialty Parties are limited to 10 participants, ages 5+ years old. Parties are strictly limited to ensure the safety of our members and their guests. No additional participant bands are available for purchase.
- Decorations may not be put on any walls or hung from the sprinklers/ceiling. Pinatas and confetti are not permitted.
- The host is responsible for the behavior of all party guests; all facility rules & polices apply.
- The YMCA is not responsible for any personal injuries which occur during a party, or for lost or stolen items and assumes no responsibility for personal belongings & valuables.
- The host may arrive 30 minutes prior to the party to set-up. Clean-up, including removal of all decorations, must be completed within 30 minutes of the scheduled end time or a $100.00 Clean-Up Fee may be assessed.
- The host will be held liable for any damages made to the facility. If damages are reported by the Facilitator, a $200.00 Damage Fee will be assessed.
- All participants and guests must wear proper attire. Shoes must be worn at all times in the facility unless in the Aquatics Center or Kids Clubhouse; socks are required in Kids Clubhouse.
- Food and drink are only permitted in the Community Room (nuts are not permitted).
Our competitive youth swim team participates in the Western Pennsylvania YMCA Swim League (WPYSL). Little to no experience required; some experience preferred. Swimmer must be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA for the duration of the season.
An informational Parent Meeting will be Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 at 6:30PM.
Registration Information for 2016-2017 Season:
• Registration starts Monday, September 12, 2016
• Season cost: $325 | High School swimmer cost: $125
• Season starts Monday, Oct. 17, 2016 and runs through March 2017
• Practices are weekday evenings from 6:00-8:00PM; times may vary.
• Swimmers are expected to attend all meets and championship meet.
New for the 2016-2017 Season: 50% of the meets will be at home!
For more information/questions:
• Website: www.teamunify.com/ymca-5531
• Email: RESYswimming@bcfymca.com
• Phone: 724.452.9122 x230
DO YOU SMOKE OR USE TOBACCO? WOULD YOU LIKE TO QUIT?
Cessation services are available FREE OF CHARGE by the Pennsylvania Department of Health!
WHAT YOU GET:
• Coaching sessions by phone
• Unlimited calls to the PA FREE Quit Line
• Educational materials
• Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy
You can quit! The PA FREE Quit Line helps you quit for good; one-third of callers quit and stay nicotine/tobacco free!
Do you know someone who can benefit from this information? This FREE program is available to anyone in Pennsylvania. If you are ready to quit contact Sandra Ihlenfeld, Healthy Living Association Director, at email@example.com and you will be connected with this free service.
Move toward better health with this first step.
New Aquatics Center Shoe Covers
In response to member feedback, we have installed shoe cover dispensers within in each locker room near the exit to the Aquatics Center Pool Deck. The dispenser for the Family Locker Room is just outside the door on the pool deck. If you are observing a swim lesson or entering the Aquatics Center for any reason wearing shoes, you must wear shoe covers over your shoes. If you do not wish to wear the shoe covers over your shoes, you may enter the facility bare foot or bring a clean pair of flip flops to wear on the pool deck. These new shoe covers will help to keep your Y clean!
Thank you for your cooperation.
YOUTH MEMBER AQUATIC SAFETY PROGRAM
Aquatic safety at our pools is our first priority. All children ages 12 years and younger must participate in a swimming skills assessment and will be provided a colored wristband based on their swimming ability. Once tested, each time a child comes into the Y for open swim they will need to acquire their color appropriate wristband from the Membership Desk when checking in. Complete details are available on our Test.Mark.Protect page.