Your child will engage in self and teacher guided exploration as well as both large and small group lessons with a Christian emphasis. The curriculum teaches fun, creative,
age-appropriate lessons that enhance intellectual, social, emotional, and fine and gross motor skill development of your child. Purposeful play and educational activities are designed to stimulate critical thinking skills, develop creativity, work on the basic concepts needed to develop reading and writing skills, and to develop positive social skills, such as cooperation and sharing. The YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are at the core of all programs and activities.
Ms. Emily has been one of our Creative Kids instructors for the last two years and is thrilled to make the leap again to teaching in the preschool classroom. Ms. Emily has a bachelor’s degree in child development and has taught immersive English to grade schoolers in China as well as served as a preschool board member for five years. She has a passion for teaching music and art, and is the mother of four grade school children, with whom she enjoys reading, biking, swimming and all things Harry Potter.
- April 16: Easter egg hunt Tues./Thurs. classes
- April 17: Easter egg hunt Mon./Wed. classes
- April 18 – April 23: Easter Break, No School
- May 22: Class Picnic Last Day of Mon./Wed. classes
- May 23: Class Picnic Last Day of Tues./Thurs. classes
2018-2019 Extended Preschool Program
Give your child the opportunity to extend their preschool day! Children will have time to play on the indoor playground or outside in the field, as well as participate in preschool programs ranging from swim lessons, bitty sports, art classes or even cooking classes! Schedule will change on a monthly basis
Extended Program meets twice per week, depending on child’s preschool day.
Mon. & Wed. 11:00AM-1:00PM or Tues. & Thurs. 11:00AM-1:00PM
Schedule of Activities:
- March: Gym Jamboree & Creative Kids
- April: Kids Can Cook! & Creative Kids
Required monthly and is available the 15th-30th/31st of the prior month, in-house only. Cost: $75 per month*, due at time of registration (*in addition to monthly tuition).
The school year will run Wednesday, September 4, 2019 – Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Enrollment: Requires a non-refundable deposit equal to one month’s tuition fee,
which will be applied to student’s last month’s tuition.
• Current students: February 11-18, 2019
• Members (not current students): February 19 – March 4, 2019
• Open to everyone beginning March 5, 2019
Preschool Class: 3-4 years old
- Requirements: Must be 3 years old as of September 1st and potty trained.
- Classes: Two times per week: Mondays & Wednesdays 9AM-11AM
or Tuesdays & Thursdays 1PM-3PM
- Tuition: $55 Member / $70 Non-Member per month, automatically drafted the 1st of each month, September 2019 – April 2020.
Pre-K/Kindergarten Enrichment: 4½-6 years old
- Requirements: Must be 4½ years old as of September 1st and potty trained.
- Classes: Three times per week: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 1PM-3PM
or Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 9AM-11AM
- Tuition: $85 Member / $100 Non-Member per month, automatically drafted the 1st of each month, September 2019 – April 2020.
2019-2020 Optional Extended Day Preschool
Give your child the opportunity to extend their preschool day! They will bring their lunch and share the experience with their classmates. Schedule will change on a monthly basis, as listed below.
Requirements: Must be enrolled in Preschool Class or Pre-K/Kindergarten Enrichment.
Classes: Meets two or three times per week, depending on child’s class.
Preschool: Mondays & Wednesdays 11:00AM-1:00PM
or Tuesdays & Thursdays 11:00AM-1:00PM
Pre-K: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 11:00AM-1:00PM
or Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 11:00AM-1:00PM
Registration: Required monthly and is available the 15th-30th/31st of the prior month.
Tuition: Due at time of registration; now includes monthly class tuition!
Members: $130 per month | Non-Members: $150 per month
Activity Schedule: (schedule is subject to change)
- September 2019: Swim
- October 2019: Preschool STEM
- November 2019: Kids Can Cook & Community Heroes
- December 2019: Swim
- January 2020: Gym Jamboree & Little Champs Sports
- February 2020: Kids Can Cook & Community Heroes
- March 2020: Swim
- April 2020: Preschool STEM
- May 2020: Gym Jamboree & Little Champs Sports