Our competitive youth swim team participates in the Western Pennsylvania YMCA Swim League (WPYSL). Participants must be able to swim at least 25 yards as well as be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA for the duration of the season.
• Parent’s meeting will be Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 6:30PM
• Season starts Monday, October 2, 2017.
• Practices are weekdays, 6:00PM-8:00PM
• Swimmers expected to attend all meets and championship meet.
• Parents are expected to volunteer as timers and concessions during
• Registration beings Saturday, August 12, 2017
• Season cost: $325 | High School swimmer cost: $125
Novice (Up to 8 years old):
This is our entry level group. Instruction includes learning the basics of all 4 strokes: Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. Novice events are 25s and 50s.
Cadet (9-10 years old):
Cadet races 50s and 100s, including some 200s. This is the most important age for swimmers to learn a strong foundation of technique and swimming knowledge.
Prep (11-12 years old):
The prep class swims 50s and 100s and some select 200s. Prep swimmers will
start to grow their yardage base on top
of continuing focus on technique.
Junior (13-14 years old):
Juniors have the opportunity to swim 100s and 200s of strokes, along with the 400 IM and 500 free. This is an exciting age group for swimmers making the transition from middle to high school while they broaden their swimming knowledge and speed.
Senior (15-18 years old):
Seniors swim all standard events. The senior group will be working on and refining their technique along with cutting edge workouts.