We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity
to discover who they are and what they can achieve
**The “Register Online” button only works during scheduled registration weeks unless otherwise noted. **Program schedules and fees are subject to change.
Runs February 24 – April 13, 2019
Registration is closed.
Runs April 14 – June 8
Member Registration: March 30 – April 11
Non-Member Registration: April 6-11
View the Upcoming Events page for details about all Special Events.
A schedule of all upcoming American Red Cross Certifications is available on our Upcoming Events page.
11-15 years old. Participants will learn the necessary skills needed to care for infants through school-age children. The course will focus on injury prevention, basic child care, decision making, creative play, interviewing, and problem solving. Each student will receive a Babysitter’s Training Handbook. Participants must attend the entire training and upon successful completion, will receive a printable certificate that they can share with potential employers. Participants should bring a packed lunch.
Saturday, June 1, 2019; 8:30AM-3:00PM ($70 / $90)
(Registration open April 15 – May 29)
CPR/AED & FIRST AID
15+ years old. Upon successful completion of the course, participant will be certified in American Red Cross CPR/AED and/or First Aid. All certifications last for 2 years. Employee discount available – see supervisor for details.
CPR/AED: Saturday, May 11, 2019; 9:00AM-1:00PM ($70 / $90)
First Aid: Saturday, May 11, 2019; 1:00PM-4:00PM ($70 / $90)
Save money by registering for First Aid & CPR/AED together! ($95 / $115)
(Registration will be available beginning April 15th)
15+ years old. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive their certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. Course consists of 3-5 mandatory classes. PLEASE NOTE: ATTENDANCE FOR EVERY CLASS IS MANDATORY. Please bring a bathing suit, towel, and goggles.
Upcoming Class: (3 day course – must attend all days) March 29, 30, 31, 2019
Fri., Mar. 29 (4PM-9PM), Sat., Mar. 30 (8AM-6PM), & Sun., Mar. 31 (8AM-4PM)
Registration Information: After registering for the course through the Y, participant must schedule and pass pre-test (must be successfully completed prior to the last day of registration). To schedule the pre-test, email Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director, at email@example.com.
Pre-test skills include: Swim 300 yards • Tread water for 2 minutes • Swim 15 yds, dive down to retrieve a 10 lb. brick & swim back to the wall in 1 min, 40 sec. The pre-test must be successfully completed for participant to attend the course; the course fee will draft automatically on the first day of the class.
Questions? Please contact Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724.452.9122 x218
Private Swim Lessons
3+ years old
Seven (7) 30-minute lessons: Member $161 | Non-Member $240
Private Swim Lesson Q & A
- What qualifies someone to take private lessons? Some participants are able to benefit more from a one-on-one experience; it lets them focus on their skills going at their own pace.
- How do I register for private lessons? Fill out an application. Without filling out an application you CAN NOT register. It is necessary for the process so that Aquatics Staff can meet your every need and fit you with an adequate Swim Instructor.
- Where can I get an application? Online: Private Swim Lesson Application
Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director, will review your application and call you to schedule an appropriate time to start your private lessons!
- What do I do next? Once you have received the information from the Aquatics Director, you may pay for your lessons at the Membership Desk.
- How many private lessons can I schedule? The flexibility of private lessons is what makes the so desirable. You have seven half-hour private swim lessons to schedule with your private lesson instructor. Near the end of the seven lessons, your instructor will assist you in how to register for additional lessons.
- Do I get to choose my own instructor? On our application, there is a spot for you to request a private swim lesson instructor. We will do you best to accommodate those requests, however, not all of our swim lesson instructors will be teaching privately.
Group Swim Lessons
(13-17 years old) This class is for those that are still uncomfortable in the water, but feel they have aged out of our youth swim lessons. We will work on being comfortable in the water and how to progress through the strokes of swimming.
Winter II: Once a week for 7 week; $50 Member / $100 Non-Member
SPORTS & HUMANITIES
Questions? Please contact Ashley Vranick, Youth & Family Director, at email@example.com or 724.452.9122 x217
Open to 4 years and older. Tang Soo Do is a traditional Korean Martial Art that teaches the values of integrity, concentration, self-control and perseverance while emphasizing skills in practical self-defense. Registration is required monthly, available the 15th through the end of the month.
- Youth Beginner: 7-13 years old. For new or existing students with white, orange or green belts. Class meets three times per week.
Tuesday 6:00PM-7:00PM, Thursday 6:00PM-7:00PM & Saturday 9:00AM-10:00AM
- Youth Advanced: 7-13 years old. For existing students with brown, red, blue or black belts. Class meets three times per week
Tuesday 7:00PM-8:00PM, Thursday 7:00PM-8:00PM & Saturday 10:00AM-11:00AM
- Teen & Adult: 14+ years old. Beginner through advanced black belt. Class meets three times per week.
Tuesday 8:00PM-9:00PM, Thursday 8:00PM-9:00PM & Saturday 11:15AM-12:30PM
+Monthly registration required; available 15th-30th/31st
Pickleball is a fun game that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and ping pong. The rules of the game are easy to learn. Games are played pick-up style in teams of two.
Winter II: Once a week for 6 weeks; $35 / $50
Youth will have a positive experience regardless of skill level! This program focuses on the basics of volleyball in addition to strategies to improve one’s overall game.
Winter II: Once a week for 6 weeks $35 / $55
Beginner: Monday 6:15PM-7:00PM
Intermediate: Monday 7:00PM-7:45PM
Youth and Government
7th-12th grade students, as of Fall 2018-2019 school year.
This program is a national YMCA program that brings youth together to learn about politics, government and debating skills. Participants will work together to create mock acts/bills for the state of Pennsylvania and critique them in weekly meetings. Participants can run for Student Senate positions, House of Representatives positions, Student Governor and more. The program begins in September and culminates in April with a weekend trip to the Capitol Building in Harrisburg, where the participants will present their bills to other delegates and vote on which ones will pass or fail. There are also press and judicial aspects of this program that participants can be involved with.
Questions? Contact Karen Guise, Senior Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-452-9122 x230
Questions? Please contact Kathy Hensler, Healthy Living Director at email@example.com.
- 14+ years old can attend group exercise & cycle classes.
- 12-13 years old may attend Land & Cycle Group Exercise classes with a parent*.
- *Youth must not be a distraction to the adult class.
- Please view Adult/Active Older Adult/New To Exercise Program Guide for all class details & description, available on the Class/Program Information page.
ABOVE AND BEYOND
11-15 years old. This small group training program will focus on Flexibility, Strength, and Total Body Conditioning. Technique, form, and function will be a big part of this small group training.
Winter II: Twice a week for 7 weeks; $103 / $118 ($10)
Monday & Wednesday 4:30PM-5:15PM
GET FIT FAMILIES YOUTH TRIATHLON & RUNNING PROGRAMS
6-17 years old. Younger ages may be approved through Joella; 724-321-4265
Class Times (Schedule emailed each week and posted to Team Snap):
- Monday through Friday: Practices are 3:15PM-6:00PM. Youth should be prepared to swim, bike and run each day at practice. Items needed for each practice: goggles, swim cap, towel, swim suit, running shoes and running clothes; cycling shoes and cycling clothes are optional.
- Saturday: Races or training time announced each week, if scheduled. Will be held outdoors as long as possible.
- Sunday: Will be announced each week. Bike and run workouts will be outside, weather permitting; practices may be moved indoors in the event of inclement weather.
Youth participants will receive:
Weekly group training sessions, bicycle handling skills training, swim stroke development, running development skills, discounts for Get Fit Families races, swim evaluation, and small group swim, bike and run sessions (when available).
Program Sessions & Cost:
Spring 2019 (11 weeks; Mar. 10 – May 25) $370 / $305
Joella Baker, USAT Triathlon Coach: Joella@zoominternet.net | 724-321-4265
Kathy Hensler, Healthy Living Director: firstname.lastname@example.org | 724-452-9122 x226
Karen Guise, Senior Program Director: email@example.com | 724-452-9122 x230
GET FIT FAMILIES WEEKLY TRIATHLON BRICK WORKOUT
60 minute bike session and 40 minute run session. Each week will be a different workout. Athletes will learn the importance of a brick workout, how different workouts make you stronger and faster and better prepared for your next triathlon. Saturday and Sunday outdoor bricks while the weather permits. Do your first or 50th triathlon with us.
SPEED AND AGILITY PERFORMANCE TRAINING
7-15 years old. Young athletes will be able to improve their explosiveness, acceleration, quick first step, reaction time and core strength throughout this training. It doesn’t matter what sport you play. If you are looking
Winter II: Once a week for 7 weeks; $48 / $75 ($10)
11-15 yrs Tuesday 4:30PM-5:15PM
WELLNESS CENTER YOUTH ORIENTATION
Wellness Center Youth Orientation is required for youth members between 11-15 years old prior to using the Wellness Center. Please inquire at the Wellness Center Desk for equipment age restrictions and to schedule an appointment.