We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity
to discover who they are and what they can achieve
**The “Register Online” button only works during scheduled registration weeks unless otherwise noted. **Program schedules and fees are subject to change.
Runs April 14 – June 8
Member Registration: March 30 – April 11
Non-Member Registration: April 6-11
View the Program Guides for class days and times!
View the Upcoming Events page for details about all Special Events.
YOUTH & FAMILY HOURS OF OPERATION
KidQuarium, Kids Clubhouse & Monitored Youth & Family Center hours are available on our Facility Schedules page.
HOME SCHOOL ALL-INCLUSIVE PASS
PE for Home School Students: This new program is designed to be a fun and energetic P.E. program. Children ages 5-12 will be able to participate in swimming, fitness and sports activities. Program runs on semesters.
Questions? Please contact Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724.452.9122 x218.
Preschool Group Swim Lessons’ days and times are listed on the Registration Information flyer, which is available on the Class/Program Information page.
Private Swim Lessons
3+ years old
Seven (7) 30-minute lessons: Member $161 | Non-Member $240
Private Swim Lesson Q & A
- What qualifies someone to take private lessons? Some participants are able to benefit more from a one-on-one experience; it lets them focus on their skills going at their own pace.
- How do I register for private lessons? Fill out an application. Without filling out an application you CAN NOT register. It is necessary for the process so that Aquatics Staff can meet your every need and fit you with an adequate Swim Instructor.
- Where can I get an application? Online: Private Swim Lesson Application
Michelle Gonzalez, Aquatics Director, will review your application and call you to schedule an appropriate time to start your private lessons!
- What do I do next? Once you have received the information from the Aquatics Director, you may pay for your lessons at the Membership Desk.
- How many private lessons can I schedule? The flexibility of private lessons is what makes the so desirable. You have seven half-hour private swim lessons to schedule with your private lesson instructor. Near the end of the seven lessons, your instructor will assist you in how to register for additional lessons.
- Do I get to choose my own instructor? On our application, there is a spot for you to request a private swim lesson instructor. We will do you best to accommodate those requests, however, not all of our swim lesson instructors will be teaching privately.
Group Swim Lessons
Achievement Tracker (printable)
Levels 1, 2, 3, & 4 (30 min class): $45 Member / $90 Non-Member
Levels 5, 6 & Teen (45 min class): $50 Member / $100 Non-Member
View the Program Guides for class days and times!
SWIM BASICS: Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills: 1.) Swim, float, swim— sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide, and exit. 2.) Jump, push, turn, grab
1/ WATER ACCLIMATION
Students develop comfort with underwater exploration and learn to safely exit in the event of falling into a body of water. This stage lays the foundation that allows for a student’s future progress in swimming.
2/ WATER MOVEMENT
Students focus on body position and control, directional change, and forward movement in the water while also continuing to practice how to safely exit in the event of falling into a body of water.
3/ WATER STAMINA
Students learn how to swim to safety from a longer distance than in previous stages in the event of falling into a body of water. This stage also introduces rhythmic breathing and integrated arm and leg action.
SWIM STROKES: Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being, and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
4/ STROKE INTRODUCTION
Students develop stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and learn the breaststroke kick and butterfly kick. Water safety is reinforced through treading water and elementary backstroke.
5/ STROKE DEVELOPMENT
Students work on stroke technique and learn all major competitive strokes. The emphasis on water safety continues through treading water and sidestroke.
6/ STROKE MECHANICS:
Students refine stroke technique on all major competitive strokes, learn about competitive swimming, and discover how to incorporate swimming into a healthy lifestyle.
Questions? Please contact Ashley Vranick, Youth & Family Director, at email@example.com or 724.452.9122 x217
View the Program Guides for class days and times!
Open to 4 years and older. Tang Soo Do is a traditional Korean Martial Art that teaches the values of integrity, concentration, self-control and perseverance while emphasizing skills in practical self-defense. Registration is required monthly, available the 15th through the end of the month.
- Little Dragons: 4-6 years old. For all new and continuing students. (limited to 6 participants) Class meets once per week.
- Mighty Dragons: 4-6 years old. Advancing skills; stepping stone to traditional class. Instructor invitation required. (limited to 6 participants) Class meets once per week.
- Youth Beginner: 7-13 years old. For new or existing students with white, orange or green belts. Class meets three times per week.
Tuesday 6:00PM-7:00PM, Thursday 6:00PM-7:00PM & Saturday 9:00AM-10:00AM
- Youth Advanced: 7-13 years old. For existing students with brown, red, blue or black belts. Class meets three times per week
Tuesday 7:00PM-8:00PM, Thursday 7:00PM-8:00PM & Saturday 10:00AM-11:00AM
- Teen & Adult: 14+ years old. Beginner through advanced black belt. Class meets three times per week.
Tuesday 8:00PM-9:00PM, Thursday 8:00PM-9:00PM & Saturday 11:15AM-12:30PM
+Monthly registration required; available 15th-30th/31st
Youth in this exciting class will examine, discuss, and create works of art focusing on a famous artist and author each week. This program will help feed the creative development of every youth and increase their emotional expression through different mediums.
CREATIVE YOUTH-Mini Sessions
Fortnite: Teamwork is the focus of this 3 week mini session! Get ready to design your character and our own island that we will need to defend in the ultimate nerf gun battle. Open discussion about internet safety and fantasy vs. reality will occur as we make a favorite virtual escape into a fun activity with friends!
GIRLS GOT GAME
This sports program, created exclusively for girls, will focus on teamwork and leadership, while providing the social network to empower girls & encourage high self-esteem. Throughout the session we will focus on different sports and develop skills to improve our game play, but also develop character skills for off the court.
6-12 years old. This program is designed to develop the fundamental skills of soccer as youth play and learn in a non-threatening environment. The program focuses on positive competition through attention to YMCA core values. Winning is down played while character development is highlighted. Team work and developing in the game skills will also be emphasized.
YOUTH CAN COOK
Each week we will focus on a new recipe that helps the youth discover kitchen safety, cooking skills, and how to prepare a recipe from scratch. This class will be a hands on experience for youth as they explore new ingredients and ways to prepare food in the kitchen.
This program will teach, train, enhance sportsmanship and let the kids have fun and develop a love of cheerleading. Youth will learn basic cheerleading skills including motions, jumps, basic stunting, basic tumbling skills, chant and dance, with a concentration on safety.
Pickleball is a fun game that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and ping pong. The rules of the game are easy to learn. Games are played pick-up style in teams of two.
Youth will have a positive experience regardless of skill level! This program focuses on the basics of volleyball in addition to strategies to improve one’s overall game.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Hensler, Healthy Living Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 14+ years old can attend group exercise & cycle classes.
- 12-13 years old may attend Land & Cycle Group Exercise classes with a parent*.
- *Youth must not be a distraction to the adult class.
- Please view Adult/Active Older Adult/New To Exercise Program Guide for all class details & description, available on the Class/Program Information page.
ABOVE AND BEYOND
11-15 years old. This small group training program will focus on Flexibility, Strength, and Total Body Conditioning. Technique, form, and function will be a big part of this small group training.
GET FIT FAMILIES YOUTH TRIATHLON & RUNNING PROGRAMS
6-17 years old. Younger ages may be approved through Joella; 724-321-4265
Class Times (Schedule emailed each week and posted to Team Snap):
- Monday through Friday: Practices are 3:15PM-6:00PM. Youth should be prepared to swim, bike and run each day at practice. Items needed for each practice: goggles, swim cap, towel, swim suit, running shoes and running clothes; cycling shoes and cycling clothes are optional.
- Saturday: Races or training time announced each week, if scheduled. Will be held outdoors as long as possible.
- Sunday: Will be announced each week. Bike and run workouts will be outside, weather permitting; practices may be moved indoors in the event of inclement weather.
Youth participants will receive:
Weekly group training sessions, bicycle handling skills training, swim stroke development, running development skills, discounts for Get Fit Families races, swim evaluation, and small group swim, bike and run sessions (when available).
Program Sessions & Cost:
Spring 2019 (11 weeks; Mar. 10 – May 25) $370 / $305
Joella Baker, USAT Triathlon Coach: Joella@zoominternet.net | 724-321-4265
Kathy Hensler, Healthy Living Director: email@example.com | 724-452-9122 x226
Karen Guise, Senior Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org | 724-452-9122 x230
SPEED AND AGILITY PERFORMANCE TRAINING
7-15 years old. Young athletes will be able to improve their explosiveness, acceleration, quick first step, reaction time and core strength throughout this training. It doesn’t matter what sport you play. If you are looking
WELLNESS CENTER YOUTH ORIENTATION
Wellness Center Youth Orientation is required for youth members between 11-15 years old prior to using the Wellness Center. Please inquire at the Wellness Center Desk for equipment age restrictions and to schedule an appointment.